Five months ago today, I had a little boy come into my life. Since then, I have been utterly amazed at how much he has changed my life. However, despite loving him as much as any human could, I feel like I am starting to lose myself…not ok. This list is my attempt to improve myself, while raising the coolest, kindest kid I can!
101 in 1001 List (in progress)
- 1. Bake an apple pie (from scratch) on the 4th of July.
- 2. Get a manicure a week for three months (0/12).
- 3. Join WW (again).
4. Finish this list.
- 5. Clean out my closet (only clothes that fit, all on matching hangers).
- 6. Do one "Austin-y" thing per month for a year (0/12).
- 7. Finish the man room.
- 8. Participate in a cookie exchange.
- 9. Meet three new women friends.
- 10. Make my husband breakfast in bed for Father's Day, plus three more days.
- 11. Plan my 31st birthday party.
- 12. Go to Mexico.
- 13. Clean the back of the fridge.
- 14. Learn how to maintain our landscaping.
Get a trendy haircut and maintain it for 6 months.
- 16. Complete the Danskin Triathalon.
- 17. Bikini wax maintained for 1 year.
18. Figure out how to make this look like a list, rather than a paragraph. 19. Make a quilt.
- 20. Write at least 1 letter to a friend per month for a year (0/12).
- 21. Wear make-up every day for two weeks (0/14).
- 22. Blog 3x/ week on Jack's page.
- 23. Find a pair of jeans that fit...and buy them!
- 24. Create a will.
- 25. Create a video inventory of the house for insurance.
- 26. Organize medical bills for 2007 taxes.
- 27. Try a new meal (recipe) each month for a year. Desserts don't count!
28. Hang the kitchen chandelier that has been sitting the other room for a month.
- 29. Pick out a fan for the living room.
30. Go for a 30 min. walk at least once per day for a month.
- 31. Blog about each of my 101s (0/101).
- 32. Buy a sewing machine and take lessons on how to use it correctly.
- 33. Resume ballet lessons and go at least 2x/ week.
- 34. Organize filing system- with labels.
- 35. Go to the dentist.
- 36. Drink 64 oz. of water per day.
37. Help Jack to STTN.
- 38. Vote in the presidential election.
- 39. Set up Jack's 529.
- 40. Pay off credit card debt.
41. Attend a Nestie Book Club meeting (having actually read the book).
- 42. Finish Christmas stockings for Jon, Jack and I.
- 43. Create a cleaning schedule for the house.
- 44. Use the cleaning schedule for 3 consecutive months before deciding if it needs to be modified.
- 45. Stay up to date with the progress of other 101ers. Offer encouragement, if needed.
46. Book a spa day at Lake Austin and go without feeling guilty.
- 47. Plant two new trees out front.
- 48. Rephrase comments from negative to constructive. If it's not possible to be constructive, rather than negative, don't say it.
- 49. Print out this list.
- 50. Find CFLs that I actually like to replace the burned out bulbs.
- 51. Speaking of bulbs, plant some bulbs around the trees out front.
- 52. Start basic sign language with Jack.
- 53. Empty the kitchen sink before bed each night (for at least two months).
- 54. Go to Stubbs for Sunday Gospel Brunch (separate from an Austin-y thing).
- 55. Clean out my car once per month.
- 56. Run a mile, without stopping.
- 57. Participate in a 1 mile "fun run."
- 58. Run a 5K, without stopping.
- 59. Take a hot air balloon ride...convince Jon to go with me.
- 60. No fast food (including take out) for a month.
- 61. No chocolate for a month.
- 62. No soda for a month.
- 63. Nowwww, no fast food, chocolate, or soda for a month!!!
- 64. Attend the annual Pun Off (and not count it as an Austin-y thing).
- 65. Complete Jack's baby book.
- 66. Find a babysitter that we trust.
- 67. Go on a date every two weeks with Jon.
- 68. Learn how to make a really good Mexican Martini.
- 69. Fully stock our bar.
- 70. Take dancing lessons with Jon.
- 71. Clean out the front room and figure out its purpose.
72. Get rid of (hopefully to someone who can use them) all the boxes in the garage.
- 73. Finish the walls of the garage.
- 74. Clean up garage (hang bike, figure out an organizational system).
75. Hang curtain in Jack's room.
- 76. Attend a local high school football game.
- 77. Attend a UT football game.
- 78. Attend a UT basketball game.
- 79. Redo the downstairs bathroom.
- 80. Create a budget (excel) and stick with it!
- 81. Write thank you notes before using the gift.
- 82. Visit San Antonio.
- 83. Write down recipes we like.
- 84. Organize recipe notebook.
- 85. Sew two Halloween costumes for Jack.
- 86. Make Duff Man & mini Duff Man costumes for Jon and Jack by July, 2008.
- 87. Nurse until 05.25.2008, or until Jack is ready to stop.
- 88. Write down my favorite part of the day, starting 11.03.07 through 11.03.08
- 89. Participate in a charity run.
- 90. Volunteer at a food kitchen.
- 91. Send flowers (or another gift) to a friend for no special reason.
- 92. Have a veggie on the plate every night for two weeks.
- 93. Lose 5 lbs.
- 94. Lose 10 lbs.
- 95. Lose 15 lbs.
- 96. Lose 25 lbs.
- 97. Lose 30 lbs.
- 98. Lose 40 lbs.
- 99. Create a list of books to read.
- 100. Read one of those books every two months (or more if time).
- 101.Start a new list of 101.